- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
By Jeanette Padilla (Natural News)
Acid reflux can go from mild to chronic in a very short period of time. There are medications than can help manage the symptoms of acid reflux, such as antacids. However, they aren't necessary, because there are many natural remedies that are simple and easy to use.
The following remedies can be used to remedy acid reflux as well as heartburn, a symptom of acid reflux. Eliminating trigger foods is also helpful when trying to eliminate acid reflux. In some cases, stress is also thought be a trigger, so try slowing down and relaxing while eating to help eliminate any potential triggers.
1. Apple Cider VinegarOne of the causes of acid reflux is an excess amount of acidity in the stomach. Excess acidity in the stomach can be caused by eating a diet high in sugary foods, since sugar is acid-forming. Drinking 1-3 tablespoons a day of raw apple cider vinegar can help reduce the amount of acidity in the stomach.
It may seem counterintuitive to drink something that tastes acidic when there is already too much acid in the stomach; however, apple cider vinegar is alkaline-forming, because the body doesn't need to produce much stomach acid to digest it. This means that it can neutralize acidity. Drinking apple cider vinegar before meals also helps start the digestion process for a better breakdown of food and better absorption. Lastly, apple cider vinegar contains enzymes that help with digestion. Better digestion can help prevent acid reflux.
No items found.
2. LemonOne of the many benefits of lemons is its ability to help eliminate acid reflux. Lemons, like apple cider vinegar, are also alkaline-forming, although they taste sour. In this way, lemons also help neutralize acidity in the stomach. Try drinking one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice about 10 minutes before a meal to help prevent acid reflux. Lemon juice can also help existing acid reflux; simply drink a tablespoon of lemon juice first thing in the morning, one before lunch and one before dinner.
This invigorating root is a fantastic option to help remedy acid reflux. Chew peeled ginger, drink ginger tea or use ginger lozenges to reap the benefits. Ginger stimulates the digestive system to produce more enzymes and secrete more bile for better digestion. Food that is not properly broken down during digestion can cause indigestion; for this reason, enzymes can be extremely beneficial.
4. Aloe VeraThis powerful plant has a wide variety of uses and is a top favorite of many herbalists. Aloe vera is very beneficial in cases of acid reflux, because it can soothe irritated tissue and fight inflammation. Aloe vera also helps with digestion. Blend the clear gel and the translucent flesh of the aloe vera leaf with some orange juice as a healthy breakfast drink. This mix can help prevent acid reflux and can also be used to soothe existing symptoms such as an irritated and inflamed esophagus. The outer part of aloe leaves contain a powerful laxative, so be sure to use a formula that excludes that portion.
Eating plenty of enzyme-rich foods can not only help with acid reflux but also help you improve digestion and lose weight in a healthy manner. Enzymes are compounds that help with the breakdown of food. This is important so that nutrients can be absorbed and used.
Humans manufacture enzymes, but organ deficiencies and certain health issues can lead to a deficit of enzyme production. Eating enzyme-rich foods can help acid reflux. Enzyme-rich foods include ginger, papaya, pineapple, raw nuts, raw vegetables and other raw fruits.
Have You Used These Natural Remedies? Can You Add Anything To The List?
Your body has special ways to show that you are not getting enough water! If you aren’t providing your body with the water it needs it will begin sourcing from other system, literally draining yourself. We’ve got 7 very good reasons to boost your water intake! ... continue reading
We know cucumbers are uber-hydrating. But did you know the cool cucumber can relieve bad breath and cure a hangover? Discover the other fascinating facts about this super cool food... ... continue reading
Coffee has been frequently described as the most socially acceptable drug. Learn about the insidious side effects of coffee consumption which may make you want to quit this habit plus discover some healthy substitutes to take it's place. ... continue reading
No items found.