- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Homemade Almond Milk, Simple As 1, 2, 3! (Recipe & Video)
By Grace Mora
Are you lactose-intolerant, sick of plain old dairy, a vegan or just love the taste of nut milks? Then I've got something special to share with you today!
My name is Grace and I am one of the members of "team amazing" at Food Matters. You might be familiar with my work, I look after our Instagram community. Yes, that's me that shares all those daily postcards and recipe ideas! I hope they bring a smile to your day as much as they do for me when I'm making them.
I thought it would be great to share with you one of my all time favorite essential recipes that I whip up twice a week. Almond milk!
You won't believe how easy it is to make your own almond milk at home. If you don't like almonds or have an allergy to them, you can always substitute them for a different type of nut. Cashews are delicious too!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of soaked almonds (or your nut of choice, you could even mix them)
- 1 tsp of unrefined sea salt
- 4 cups spring or filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 dates (depending on your preference of sweetness)
- Fine muslin cloth, nut milk bag or a thin kitchen towel
Ok here we go!!
It really is that simple! Now that you've got your delicious nut milk you might be wondering how you can use it.
There are so many versatile ways that I use mine:
- have it with my breakfast muesli
- blend up in smoothies to make them beautiful and creamy
- make beautiful pancakes when I'm feeling indulgent
- use it in my chai and hot cacao recipes on a cold day
Here is a quick video tutorial I put together that will walk you through each of the steps.
Yours In Wellness,
How do you love to have your nut milk? Do you have any other healthy recipes you'd love for us to share with you?
No items found.No items found.