- RECENT ARTICLES
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- 7 Reasons To Drink More Water
- 5 Under-Rated Summer Veggies You Should Embrace!
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About Watermelon (Plus Recipe)
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
You’ve watched Hungry For Change and you've heard all the latest tips and strategies for healthy weight loss, including juicing and in particular green vegetable juicing. I'm guessing you would now like to know how to best incorporate this into your diet and lifestyle.
One of the best ways to stay on track with juicing is to learn more about how juicing can benefit your health. Kris Carr, Jason Vale, Mike Adams, Dr Mercola and Joe Cross in Hungry For Change are all passionate advocates of juicing daily and here’s their reasons why:
- Juicing allows us to take in a large serving of vegetables and fruits at one time and can be the key to giving you a radiant, energetic life and truly optimal health. Dr Mercola typically buys up to 20 pounds of raw vegetables per week and juices a few pounds per day. Some people may find eating that many vegetables difficult, but it can be easily accomplished with a quick glass of vegetable juice.
- Juicing is an easy way to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body's ability to absorb all the nutrients in an optimal way. Juices go straight to your blood stream which in turn carries all the nutrients to where they are needed the most by the body without further delay as in digestion.
- Juicing can help you add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads every day. This goes against the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food. But with juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
- Juicing is also an incredibly effective way to cleanse the body, especially green juices! Green juices contain high levels of chlorophyll a powerful phytonutrient which attaches to toxins and heavy metals and helps remove them from your body. It also increases your blood's oxygen-carrying capacity by stimulating red blood cell production.
Some of our most favorite and simple Green juice recipes include:
- Celery, lemon and apple
- Celery, cucumber, lemon and apple (or pear)
- Celery, cucumber, kale, lemon and apple (or pear)
- Celery, cucumber, lemon, parsley and apple (or pear)
- Celery, cucumber, lemon, fennel, parsley and apple (or pear)
Remember keep the focus on getting as much greens as possible. Having sweeter fruit juices is ok but just not in excessive amounts.
Featured Teacher: Jason Vale
Jason learnt from his own health issues just how much one can benefit from juicing daily. He suffered from psoriasis, eczema, insomnia, asthma, hay fever and was also a heavy drinker and smoker. After adding in a couple of juices per day he began to notice dramatic changes in himself, seeing a fast improvement in his health! His body was finally getting what it needed. His 7-day juicing program has allowed him to see many others heal their bodies too!
"Juicing has changed my life beyond all recognition" says Jason. "I used to smoke 40-60 cigarettes a day; I liked to drink and was more that partial to the odd bit of junk food, and as a result, I was also fat. On top of that I had severe Asthma to the point where I had to use the blue and brown inhalers and was having 10-16 puffs a day on them. I also developed eczema, mild acne, bad hay fever, and very, very, severe Psoriasis. In short, I wasn’t exactly in the best of health and my energy levels were often right through the floor.
I am now in the fortunate position of being free from smoking, drinking and junk food. My Asthma has vanished, my eczema and acne have gone my Psoriasis has cleared by over 90% and I am no longer overweight. In fact, on the health front I’m one happy camper! I am now also lucky to be able to help people who find themselves in a similar position to the one I was in."