- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Raw Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai (It's Vegan Friendly!)
By Rachelle Girardin (Beyond Nourished)
I once had a client tell me that I should quit my day job and just manufacture and sell this sauce, he also told me that he would choose this sauce as part of his ‘ last meal’. There is a perfect synergy of sweet, salty, and creamy that makes this sauce irresistible.
Half a head of Purple Cabbage, thinly chopped
1 medium Zucchini, thinly chopped
4 Carrots, grated or use a mandolin
2 Bell Peppers, thinly chopped
4 cups Spinach or Romaine Lettuce
3 small Bok Choy, chopped
2 cups Bean Sprouts
1 Bunch Cilantro Leaves, de-stemmed and chopped
1 Pkg Kelp Noodles, soak, rinse and chop
Creamy Almond Sauce
2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
1/2 cup Filtered Water
4 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Nama Shoyu, Tamari or Braggs
4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
2-3 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Chilli Flakes or 1/2 a Serrano Chile
1. Drain kelp noodles from the liquid in the package and place noodles in a glass bowl and cover with water. Let stand for 15-20 minutes to allow to soften.
2. Meanwhile, prepare (slice, chop, grate, ect...) vegetables into extra large bowl then add kelp noodles.
3. Mix sauce ingredients in bowl or blender, until smooth and pour generously over ingredients until well coated. Allow time (15 min and upward) for sauce to incorporate into the noodles!
4. Keep any extra sauce in a glass jar with tight fitting lid for up to 5 days refrigerated. Pad Thai will keep for 2 days. It is best to keep the sauce and vegetables separate, add the sauce just prior to eating.
Rachelle is the CEO and founder of Beyond Nourished, a mobile food and nutrition company based out of Vancouver, BC. She draws upon a diverse background in customer service, nutrition and food service. In life, Rachelle is most excited about teaching people about health-promoting food, travelling the globe and building a community of conscious individuals. Rachelle and her team work closely with clients to help them develop food strategies that work for them. There is nothing cookie cutter about Beyond Nourished’s service as everything is tailored to your needs but what makes working with them special is their proven systems and approaches. You can also visit www.beyondnourished.com to build your own custom digital cookbook. All recipes are health-promoting, nutrient dense, gluten-free, sugar-free and delicious!