- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
3 Simple Methods To Clear Away Toxins Daily
Detoxification need not be something to dread as an expensive, complicated and exhausting ordeal.
1. Deep Breathing
Breathing usually is not something we think about since it comes so naturally. But a majority of people really don’t breathe correctly, especially in our fast-paced world. The breath tends to be constricted, shallow and stressed. This style of breathing deprives us of much needed oxygen — contributing to brain fog, fatigue and accumulation of toxins.
Sit in a comfortable position with spine erect…Breathe normally for about a minute. Once composed, you can begin. First, exercise the diaphragm by exhaling suddenly and quickly through both nostrils, producing a “puffing” sound. Don’t focus on inhalation. It will be automatic and passive. This exercise should be done in three rounds, each consisting of 11 strokes (for the beginner).
2. Dry Skin Brushing
Dry skin brushing is another economical and easy way to detoxify. Dead skin cells are sloughed away, the lymphatic and immune systems are stimulated while toxin harboring cellulite is reduced.
Drinking water seems like such a basic action, yet dehydration is common. Drinking 2.2L of water (approximately nine cups) will flush out toxins throughout the day — helping to ease the stress put upon the kidneys and liver.