- RECENT ARTICLES
- 15 Things Mentally Strong People Do...
- Vegan Chocolate & Almond Butter Fudge (In Under 5 Mins)
- 5 Healthy Foods To Lower Stress Levels Fast
- 6 Super Spring Detox Foods
- Are you eating these 5 powerful green foods?
- Diet Soda Linked With Premature Death In Women
- Surprising Nutrient That Helps Kids Sleep
- Old Health Trends Are Becoming Trendy Again!
- The Surprising Reason Chocolate is SO Darn Healthy
- Healthy Raw Cookie Dough Balls (Recipe)
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
4 DIY Hair Masks For Shiny Healthy Hair
By Cheryl-Ann Porter
In many cultures, rich, lustrous hair is regarded as a sign of fertility, strength and overall good health. Discover four DIY moisturising masks for each hair type that you can easily make in minutes using all-natural ingredients you probably have sitting in your kitchen right now!
Skip the unnecessary expense plus the toxins and chemicals found in commercial hair products and look to your kitchen for the BEST natural conditioners to moisturize and revitalize your hair!
1. All Hair Types: Avocado and Honey
Cut and scoop out the flesh from a ripened avocado and mix in a tablespoon of organic honey. Apply to hair and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it off in the shower.
Avocados are rich in a variety of vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin E and protein, both of which your hair needs to remain soft and healthy. Meanwhile, honey is a natural antibacterial agent.
2. Dry Hair: Olive Oil and Egg
In need of some major TLC? Combine three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with two eggs and apply the mixture to your hair and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes before rinsing in the shower.
The olive oil will help hydrate brittle locks, while the protein in the eggs will promote healthy hair growth.
3. Oily Hair: Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon
Combine 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with the grated peel of an entire lemon and allow it to set for 15 minutes to absorb the excess oil from your scalp, and then rinse in the shower.
Apple cider vinegar will remove build up from styling products and conditioners and strengthen the hair shaft, leaving you with soft, shiny strands. It will also balance hair’s pH level, kill bacteria, and is a cure for dandruff.
4. Dry, Flaky Scalp and Hair: Banana, Honey and Almond
Mash together 1/2 a ripe banana and add two tablespoons of honey and a few drops of almond oil and allow it to set with a shower cap on for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Bananas can increase the moisture of your hair, smooth frizz and soothe your itchy scalp.
Choose a mask that suits your hair condition and bring your hair back to life!
In the comments below, tell us your secret for shiny and healthy hair!