- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
5 Tips For Juicing Greens!
By Drew Canole
Juicing vegetables is tasty, easy and beneficial for your health. Juicing vegetables is a great way to reward your body with nutrient dense vegetables, vitamins, minerals and powerful nutrients.
Many of my clients who first come to me, complain about feeling sluggish, tired, no energy, lack of sleep and often times they want to get into shape. One of the first things I recommend is a simple juice fast.
When you first start juicing greens, you might be confused on what greens to juice and how to get a good tasty juice. You don't want the juice to be bitter or unbearable. For these reasons I came up with 5 tips for juicing greens.
1. Start with a Base
Before you add any leafy greens like kale, add a base. A base includes vegetables like romaine lettuce, celery, or cucumber. You want to add high water content vegetables.
Adding celery, cucumber or romaine lettuce also makes you green juices taste better.
2. Add Leafy Greens
Next you want to add some leafy greens. I love to add kale to most of my juices.
3. Add Some Herbs
Add a handful of cilantro, parsley or basil to your juices. Herbs like cilantro and parsley are great for helping you detox.
4. Add a Little Zing
Add some GINGER. Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Add Lemon or Lime!
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system, helps remove toxins from your body and also helps keep your body's pH in an alkaline state.
Add a pear or apple to sweeten it up!
What's your favorite green juice recipe? Tell us in the the comments section below!
Stay tuned next week! We have some super exciting news to share with you!
No items found.No items found.