- RECENT ARTICLES
- 5 Reasons Diets Fail
- 6 Super Snacks For Your Busy Week
- 5 Unhealthy Foods Engineered to Be Addictive
- Banana Overnight Oats (Recipe)
- Limited Time Offer: Hungry For Change eBook - Only $2.99 (US Only)
- 10 Fascinating Health Benefits of Cucumbers
- Raw Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai (It's Vegan Friendly!)
- 2 Ingredient Ice Cream (Sugar Free & Vegan!)
- 5 Foods To Treat Insomnia & Improve Your Sleep
- 13 Tips To Stay Healthy When Eating Out!
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Delicious And Healthy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Sourced from the Food Matters Recipe BookIngredients
2 medium sized ripe avocados
1/3 cup raw cacao powder, or more to taste
5 fresh dates, pitted and roughly chopped
1/4 cup coconut milk, nut milk or filtered water
1tsp natural vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean powder
A pinch of unrefined sea salt
Dried coconut, grated dark chocolate or berries to serve
1. Soak the dates in the milk or water for 10-30 minutes to soften. In a blender, add the avocado flesh, dates, milk, vanilla and salt and cacao powder. Blend until smooth. You may need a little more liquid to facilitate blending and scrape down the sides of the jug a few times.
2. Adjust ingredients to taste, adding more cacao powder if it needs it. Serve and garnish with your choice of toppings.