- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Blackberry Mint Lime Fruit Leather (Recipe)
By Meredith Steele
Kids love fruit leather, and by making your own, you know exactly what’s in it.
Per serving: 38 Calories, 0g Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 1mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, 1g Protein.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 170०F.
Place blackberries, mint leaves, honey, lime rind and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. (If you are not a fan of seeds, strain the purée as best as you can).
Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Pour purée onto paper and spread thickly and evenly with a spatula. Bake for about 6 hours or until no longer wet.
With scissors, cut paper in half. Roll halves into a cigar shape. Cut rolls into 2-inch segments and serve. Store in an airtight container. Makes 12 (2 x 6-inch) strips.
Have You Made Fruit Leather? If So We’d Please Share Your Recipe!
... continue reading
No items found.
No items found.