- RECENT ARTICLES
- Hungry For Change The Book - Now In Paperback!
- 5 Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- 5 Foods To Improve Eye Sight
- A Spiced Coffee To Get You Through An Entire Week!
- Protein Power Bars (Recipe)
- 5 Natural Antibiotics To Fight Illness & Promote Health
- Creamy Raw Fennel Soup
- 4 Ways To Get Nutrients From Your Food (Vs. A Pill)
- 5 Ways To Save Money When Eating Organic
- POPULAR ARTICLES
- 10 Reasons To Quit Coffee (Plus Healthy Alternatives)
- 10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
- 22 Habits Of Happy People
- Are We Overfed And Starving To Death?
- Could Diet Sodas be Making You Depressed?
- Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
- Juicing - The Key to a Vibrant and Healthy Life
- Nature's Best Alternative Sweeteners
- The 7 Nastiest Things Lurking In Your Supermarket
- The Secret Engineering Of Junk Food
be sure to visit us
Super Simple Veggie Scramble Anyone Can Cook! (Recipe)
By Grace Mora (Food Matters)
Most of you probably know how to cook basic scrambled eggs, so how about we take things up a level and add extra flavor and nutrition to the old breakfast favorite. Have you never cooked scrambled eggs before? Now is your chance to test your culinary skills and start learning with this super simple veggie scramble.
Eggs are a great source of protein with a high bio-available value meaning that the amino acids are easily absorbed and utilized for effective building and repairing of muscles and tissues. Besides being protein power houses, eggs contain Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc, Vitamins B6, B12, D and E. Start your day with this highly nutritious breakfast and your body will reap the rewards.
So what are you waiting for! Grab yourself a pan, a couple of eggs and a few handfuls of your favorite veggies and in a few easy steps you will have a delicious dish that your body will love.
- 3 Free range, organic eggs
- 1 Spring onion- sliced
- 1/4 cup grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup leafy greens (spinach/kale/silver beet)
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or fresh turmeric (optional)
- Handful of parsley
- Natural sea salt & pepper (to taste)
- Sea dulse flakes or natural sea salt (to taste)
- Avocado to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp of coconut or olive oil (or other plant based oil suitable for heating at medium heat) If you would like to find out more about the best oils for cooking click here.
Note: You can use a variety of vegetables. carrots, sweet potatoes, beans and anything you have in the fridge.
1. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and turmeric (optional). Set aside.
2. Place pan on medium heat and add 1 tsp of oil before adding the onion, pumpkin, leafy greens, peas and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes until about half cooked.
3. Add the egg mixture and stir through the vegetables. Keep stirring through until cooked.
4. Place Veggie scramble on a plate and sprinkle with sea dulse flakes or natural sea salt. Optional: Slice half an avocado and place on top.
Grab your morning paper, favorite book or turn up the tunes and now for the most important step: relax and enjoy your breakfast.
What's your go-to simple healthy dish?
No items found.No items found.